Case Study – Technology Enablement: Strive Built EPMO for Seller of Group Travel
Strive successfully built an EPMO for the world’s largest direct seller of curated group travel.
At the beginning of 2015, the CTO and CEO of the world’s largest direct seller of curated group travel put together a corporate blueprint outlining quarterly and yearly initiatives that needed to be completed in order to reach company goals. With this blueprint, the organization needed to build out an EPMO in order to develop processes and drive these initiatives throughout the entire organization.
Strive Consulting’s primary objectives were to:
- Build out the clients EPMO by deploying a team of specialized delivery leadership consultants to establish enterprise processes
- Drive business and technology solutions to reach corporate goals set forth by the CEO and CTO.
- Gain enterprise wide trust in the new EPMO brand and facilitate collaboration from stakeholders
Strive engaged to assess the state of the in-flight projects and establish standards to drive those projects to successful completion.
Over the next 6 months, Strive worked with client executives to develop and prioritize a long-term project roadmap aligned with the corporate blueprint.
New processes, based on Strive best practices input, were implemented to evaluate each project against corporate direction and current competitive environment to ensure resources were engaged on the most beneficial efforts.
As the company continued to evolve, Strive initiated OCM (Change Management) processes to help manage organization, process and people change.
The Strive team successfully delivered on the following things:
- Successfully built-out an EPMO in 6 months
- Implemented enterprise delivery Processes, Initiated the Change Management process, and established structured framework to successfully deliver corporate initiatives provided by C-Suite
- Increased the level of EPMO professionalism enabling the group to overcome previous image