Product Lifecycle Management Process (PLMP)
The PLMP project was commissioned to create a better technology-based process to bring the client’s health products to market. The initial scope for the team was to configure and deploy health insurance products for the client in the Small Group and Retail portfolio. The team was selected to organize, configure and deploy insurance products using Pegasystems’ PCS (product composer system) tool. The ask behind Strive’s engagement was to instill solid leadership and direction to drive the program and project to completion, while managing several vendor teams.
Strive successfully engaged a team of 3 project & program Managers to manage the various consulting firms involved in the program, provided leadership and guidance to the overall team, and successfully execute the delivery of PLMP.
The following improvements were delivered:
- Release Management Process
- Change Management Process
- Gap Analysis of current state progress and project goals
- Budget and Financial Analysis
- Transparent Communication to leadership
- Creation of end-to-end work plan
- Creation of PLMP Governance Model
- Brought 2017 QHP products to market for the client’s Small Group and Retail market segments.
- Stood up the product infrastructure tool – Pegasystems’ PCS – to decrease product deployment time to market by >30% compared to past years.
- Actively managed 5 vendors across various work streams in order to drive the above results.
- Established standardized processes and rigor that were used throughout the project and will continued to be used moving forward.
- Key Deliverables:
- Integrated Roadmap (cross-program, dependency driven)
PMO Improvements (Governance Model, Resource/Financial Model, Change Management Process, Status reporting